Wednesday 2 May 2018

Entangled Little Beliefs


My chance encounters with outspoken people have been like a deportation trail. The foreign country freshness has done no good and the fear of being in exile in an alien land arrests my freedom opposite of which was the primary reason of my travel. I have a general regard for people who leave me utterly confused. It is simply fascinating to feel that the other person feels my inner turmoil and inability to reach a decision when there was a crowd outside waiting to pass. My partner panics and holds me.


I remember some great man say not so grateful things about life. He rendered opinions of simplicity, coherence and adherence to institutionalized values of life. My confusion lied as to what happened when the norms deviated? When the norms broke and were not able to find their way back? On my question the man pointed- “Change is the way of life”.
Indeed change is the way but not the change that is desired on the premise of calculative efforts and setbacks. The change can only become a change when the deviation is clearly understood. My change is subjective to the fact that those incorporations are something which I demand and not what the world pronounces. I never believe in this change.
Friendship lies in the richness of character and not in terms of monetary calculations. I was utterly confused when again some great men wrote on friendships, those existing between the walls of lavishness. Even the tragic stories of friendships were found in intellectual spheres and their reference was drawn from after-thoughts when the tragedy had occurred. Why give a sad ending to everything? Is it not unfair that mere knowledge of an existing phenomenon gives one the authority to exercise it in their words and writings?
My house is getting a renovation. There are three daily wage workers who adhere to their religious duty of shifting goods from one place to another. It is such monotony to execute the same thing over and over again.  Brick by brick is laid on the cemented spreads. The bond is to be ensured strong and so has to be the foundation. The wage workers spend a significant time of their day at my home. I deliver them cold water every few hours on demand. I have never seen them together except when they sit for food. The food is simple yet shared. The food lacks nutrients but is wholesome. The entire break is filled with smiles and exchanges of laughter. This is how they work. Their intellectual sphere is limited yet this feeling is so well developed. Neither knows of values, principles and socio economic criterion to judge the basic premise of life written by those great people, but simplicity and affection is well developed in them. This is also not an intellectual disability, for it hardly takes the mind to evaluate affections; love develops simply and so does respect.
Such confusion is rendered to me by people whom I encounter on a daily basis. I do not stand here to evaluate their learning’s however I do so when I am perplexed and diverted. It is simply fascinating to think of those grounds where I can challenge their convictions. However my respect towards them is in the regard that their knowledge is profound and subtle and also for the fact that their contribution to my perplexity completes my thought processes. I simply love the fact that my turmoil and panic at times involves introspection of simple things.  



No comments:

Post a Comment